Tuesday, August 30, 2011

what's next?

In the very near future I'll be eating a wild salmon burger with lettuce and tomato on a Deli Thin whole wheat round with honey mustard.  Oh yeah, the dinner bell has rung and I am pleased with my selection.  However, I'm looking forward to this coming weekend.  I am flying to Boston to see my Princess Bride, and to ice that  cake Camille is flying in from Paris.  I sure do wish my baby girl (now, Mrs. Sickinger) was going to be there too.  Sometimes a Mama is just selfish.  Yeah, I said Mama. . .that's what my babies called me when we lived down South.  Now some of y'all don't consider my living on the Treasure Coast of Florida the South, but I can assure you, every now and agin a y'all makes it's way into my conversation, and I pause.  It's been 26 years since I lived there, but there is still a part of my heart that belongs there.  I have dear friends that live there. One is like a sister to me.  But, that seems like part of my past, and yet it is my present and my future.  I have woven a rich and complicated fabric for my life, and I love it.  I love my kids and my family and my friends.  I am blessed and when I remember that I have


Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment