Tuesday, November 23, 2010

oh the shame

Off to work I go at 8:54 AM.  Spoiled by my new surroundings and being one short mile from work, I climb in my Mercedes Benz CLK500 and off to the office I sped.  

It occurred to me as I pulled back into the driveway this evening at 4:45 PM, that I should have WALKED to work.  I should be ashamed of myself.  But I can't seem to get a rhythm in the morning that gives me the freedom of those 20 little minutes it would take me to hoof it down the street, make a right and keep going until I hit Borough Hall!  AAAUUUUGGGGHHHHHHH!  I have become a truly, lazy, American.  That said, I look at the weather forecast for tomorrow and it says cloudy, possible rain.  Whew.  Saved for another day.  What would I do if I lived in a city and had no car you ask?  I am a truly, lazy, American.  I would call a cab.  Oh the shame.

1 comment:

  1. I have it way worse than you. I have to walk across the bedroom to my computer. But I get to work in my jammies.

    ReplyDelete