Monday, January 10, 2011

winter storm warnings

I am at home, and am watching my husband slowly and surely get wound tighter than an A string.  It's going to snow tomorrow and that means plowing the streets of Point Pleasant Beach again.  I know it stresses him out, so it kind of stresses me out.  He is no fun on "snow watch".  But I try to just steer clear until he makes the call and then Ginny the WonderDog and I will settle in by the fire and read or blog, or bake.  Whatever we do, it will not be driving.  It is so dangerous and people just don't get that.  Four-wheel drive does not make you invincible.  In fact, it seems to make most people even worse drivers!  So I will be a DPW widow once again, and I will be grateful that there are men and women who have chosen to be out in that weather so we can be out safely when the storm passes. 

And for those of you who will complain about the inefficiency, why not try to be grateful instead.  If all you have to complain about is snow removal,  you have a GREAT life.  Like my mother used to say, "There are starving children in Africa.  Be happy you're not one of them!"

For the rest of us,


Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment