Tuesday, February 1, 2011

time off for bad behavior

I've been away from my blog.  I have a huge list of reasons, but they all boil down to excuses.  This winter has been some kinda something with snow, sleet, ice, rain, thunder, etc.  This makes for a very unhappy Superintendent of Public Works.  Well, I guess we all have our challenging times at work, mine being the summer months of visitors and parking complaints.  Ahhh, the public service of it all.  I want to help, I really do.  I guess that's why I took a P(ersonal) day and helped a young lady get a new start, and why I baked a batch of double chocolate brownies for another friend grieving a loss.  I would just rather help.  Isn't that what we all should do? 


Do something tomorrow for someone else. . .someone who isn't expecting it, or asking for it.  Just pay attention to the voices around you, and pay it forward.  I promise, you'll like yourself much more.  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment