Sunday, December 12, 2010

the almost finished products.

Megan drove down from Lake Hopatcong to help me get motivated, and to spend some quality time with Auntie M. . .and this is what we did.

 remember I said I was doing some different things this year, and that includes my cookie baking.  Usually Dawn does the Viennese crescent cookies.  Well I had pecans in the freezer.  They are delicious.  Kind of like a shortbread only better.
And there you see our three kinds of cookies.  Traditional Toll House chocolate chip cookies, only because Meg needed a little schooling with those, the pecan crescents, and peanut butter cookies.  hmmmmm, not very different you say?  Well, wait until you see what we did with the peanut butter cookies.
we stuffed them
and then we dipped them in chocolate.
don't eat 'em.  They're awful.  Ok, I might just be saying that because we don't want to share. 
and we finally dusted the crescents with some snow.  I packed the young sous chef/baker up and sent her home with some samples.  We'll see how they are received next week when the family comes for celebration.  Until then, I've GOT to let 'em be.

No comments:

Post a Comment