I know we all say time flies, and we all know it really doesn't. It's scientifically the same the day I was born as it is today. But, I look at my grown women offspring, my baby girls, and I think the time did fly. For sure it did fly by and now we have Christmas coming again. My 52nd Christmas celebration on this planet. Yikes! I shall not get caught up in the nostalgia. I shall plan and plan, and schedule and list and relist and Christmas Eve will get here and I will be stressing about something I believe I forgot. Then John will remind me that whatever it is, it's too late, and Christmas will come and go and we will all be just fine. That said I am happy that while I was out on Wednesday night, he got all the decorations out of the attic, and they await the festooning that I hope to complete this weekend.
With Camille Steiner and her beau Nic coming from France, and Alexis flying in from Boston on Christmas Eve, and planning the Sargent family annual gathering on the 19th, cards to send, cookies to bake, gifts to buy and wrap I know I have a great deal to do, but I truly want to enjoy this season. So I'm going to take it as it comes, plan the best I can, and believe we will all be happy and have fun, and appreciate each other and the Savior that brings us together for this yearly tribute to his birth. Is that too much to ask? Oh and one more thing. . .I need to breathe. Just breathe. And let it be.
No comments:
Post a Comment