Wednesday, February 9, 2011

warming up

Long day at the office today.  The temperature in my office doesn't help.  My office is so cold by the end of the day my feet are blocks of ice.  But I plug away.  I'm just plugging away at the tedium, and the reporting and the mundane.  But, I don't mind.  I have a job, unlike 9.1% of New Jerseyans.  Is that really a word?  Anyway. . .tomorrow I have a monster report due.  It's just not coming together the way I want it to.  I am distracted.  I wonder why.  I woke twice during the night with bad dreams, so I was a little tired.  Now, when I am awake during the night, my mind races. . .things undone, things unsaid, things done and said in haste, laundry undone, Christmas decorations still not put away......AAUUGHHH!  Quit it!!! I cannot fix it all. 

So choices have to be made.  Now that I am over 50 years of age, I definitely see things differently.  I am trying to make better choices.  Since I am one of the lucky people to have an empty nest when I am young enough to enjoy it, I am trying to figure out what that means.  I still have to do the office thing, and I still want to do the "jewelry thing", but I really want to plan more fun things.

For me that means spending more time with the people I care about.  I have a tentative girls trip in July to upstate NY.  That should be a real hoot.  high school girlfriends on the road to visit another friend....the possibilities are endless.  But I'm going!  And I know we're going to enjoy every minute of it.  And I know that God will bless us and keep us safe until we return home again to our duties and responsibilities, but I have to say I am really looking forward to my first "patch".  And diana m.  you know what I'm sayin!

I look forward to the peace, and the joy it brings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment